Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 1 and 2

This time is SO MUCH EASIER. Not only because it's easier to pick foods but because I'm still drinking coffee. Last time I did a vegan diet I also gave up coffee and alcohol. It is a good idea for a reality show though, because it was THAT HARD.
My schedule is so busy I know what I'm eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of the week, including weekends. Sound crazy? Well this listen to my schedule: Work M-F 8-430, class M, W, and F 530-810, down time=studying for the praxis, wedding planning, and homework. I barely have time to do anything else, especially clean and workout. But if I plan ahead and in as much detail as I do it makes it work. I'm able to make meals ahead of time for on the go, I buy less groceries because I know exactly what I need for each meal, and it keeps me from looking in the fridge, deciding I have no food and then eating out.
For dinner last night and then leftovers for lunch today I made "egg" salad with tofu and use half of an open pita to make a delish and healthy meal!

This is the pic I took. Here is the recipe I used as a guideline but really I just threw it together the way I thought I'd like it.

Ingredients:

  • 1 block firm tofu, drained
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise (use Vegenaise for a vegan version)
  • 1/3 cup sweet relish
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp mustard
  • dash paprika for garnish (optional)

Preparation:

In a medium-sized bowl, mash the tofu with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and stir together until well combined. Sprinkle with paprika for garnish, if desired.

*I added chopped apples and grapes to mine which really made the dish. I also cooked to tofu first and sprinkled it with garlic powder.

I've had fruit for breakfast and lots of fruits and veggies for snacks. I felt the fullest from the almonds I have been eating.
I didn't work out yesterday and felt easily full and energized. I also fell asleep and woke up easily.
Today I worked out before work and have been really hungry all day :( I did forget my almonds today...that may be it.

This is a great bread recipe I made today. It's like a dessert if you eat it with strawberry preserves! I used 2 cups of white flower and 3 1/2 of whole wheat. Click on the picture for the recipe!!

1 comment: