Saturday, January 7, 2012

BACK AT IT

It's been quite some time since I did my vegan experiment. I ended up staying vegetarian through the rest of that year and I pretty much rocked the shit out of it...until I gave up to have pot roast at Christmas. Oh, and also to eat salmon at the restaurant I started working at after I quit teaching. Yes, people. I'm truly just a quitter at heart. I love starting things and then quitting them. Hopefully that won't be the case with this blog but, well, let's be honest.

I would like to keep this blog for the following reasons: (I feel the need to list them because I honestly haven't thought of them yet and I want to know why as well, so here it goes)
1. I forgot about this blog and going back and re-reading about that time in my life was amazing. I could so vividly see our lives in Kansas City again. (We're in STL by the way, for one year in February) I want to be able to do that again in the future.
2. The massive amounts of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, random blogs, tv, movies, music and books I consume weekly is astronomical and I have so many thoughts/idea/opinions I need to organize and put out there into words.
3. I want to post different crafts I'm doing because then possibly if I follow other crafter's blogs I can make connections and gain resources.
4. So I can't stop talking Dan's ear off about stuff he doesn't care about and he will still love me.
5. So I can chronicle my WEDDING PLANNING! Holla holla holla holla holla!
6. And ya know, if the world hasn't ended or if blogs are not "so out" by the time I have kids who are old enough to appreciate my writing, then my kids will have access to personal insight of their kick ass parent's life before they came and ruined it.

Well that probably sums it up. My friend Efren has an exhibit coming up soon so I will mostly be helping him out with his art projects for now, but when that is done I'll start working on our save the dates. I'm thinking of using this pic...

No comments:

Post a Comment